Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sydney Cellar Door

Hey guys! Just finished the weekend of wine tasting at Hyde Park, Sydney. As a non-expert in wine tasting, I found it difficult to pick which wine brand or flavouring I was going to taste. There were a range of tastes, including the typical dry taste, fruity flavours and of course, the sweet wines which matches my sweet tooth.



As someone who is curious about the world of wine appreciation, I thought this
event was a great way to introduce people right in front of their doorstep unfamiliar with the wine world into wine appreciation, particularly when one doesn't have to travel all the way to the Hunter. I also couldn't help myself noticing the range of foods available for passbyers even though this is primarily a wine tasting event, including Thai dishes cooked on a paella pan and the famous Lebanese baklavas. Like most outdoor food events, I couldn't resist the aroma.

I must say that there were a few wines which caught my taste. This included
Windowrie's Verdelhol which had a tropical aftertaste alongside with its dry taste. I also loved Logan's Moscato which is a dessert wine that upholds the beautiful combination of sweetness and fizz. I have to admit that some wines had a rose aftertaste. Interesting combination.

More pics from last weekend's event can be seen here

1 comment: