Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turkish delight

After a night off cooking, I was looking for something more exotic besides
the usual chicken and chips. I was craving for pizza but my friend said that she had gourmet pizza the previous night. As much as I was craving for pizza, I struggled to think about the next best option. My friend suggested that we head for some Turkish food. Mmmmmmm that sounds good, I thought.

As I stepped in, there was the wonderful Turkish aroma. I thought, this is it. I felt like sampling the different dishes like how the Lebanese do it in mezze style but I didn't want to end up overloading myself. I couldn't resist having the taboulleh since it was a classic middle-eastern salad. As soon as it entered into my mouth, I could taste the crunchiness of the parsley and mint which goes beautifully with the chopped tomato.

Next came the irresitible dips which I thought go hand-in-hand with the
salad. The pink one is the beetroot which had a fruity flavour. Then there was the orange one which was the most spicy as well as the classic hummus. I also loved having it with the Turkish pides which is a Turkish version of their pizza. The dough was crowned with flavoured sausages, herbs and cheese.

Not only was the food splendid but it was great value. The dips, pides and tabbouleh amounted to just over $20.00 which is equivalent to a whole pizza. Thirdly, it's a great place for anyone living around Sydney's upper north shore who is craving for middle-eastern food.

Sultan Turkish Pide & Kebabs
63 Pacific Hwy
Waitara
Ph: (02) 9489 1700

No comments:

Post a Comment