Tuesday, February 22, 2011

South American festival at Bondi

Hey guys!

I know it's been a while since I did an update but now that I've got a laptop, I can write away on how awesome was that South American festival
was. I couldn't help not resisting those mouthwaterig churros, the long sugary donuts flavoured with chocolate or caramel. I can't help tasting the beautiful blend of cinnamon and sugar which melts in my mouth.



One of the food highlights was the Cuban salad. It has this beautiful
tangy combination of salt, black pepper and vinegar. I loved how the chickpeas and red capsicum go so well together. I have to say how this was a refreshing change to the usual green salads I have during the week.

Besides the food, the performances were eye catching, especially the brilliant combination of martial arts and acrobatics, known as capoeira.
Everytime I head to a Latin-American festival, I always tell myself that I have to watch it. I loved the beats playing as the performers make impressive moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment