Saturday, August 6, 2011

Coffee Aroma!

I have been longing for this iconic Sydney festival which brings people from
different cultures and backgrounds. This is a festival where there is something for everyone. Even though you are not an avid coffee drinker like myself, there is everything which one can enjoy all of the winter's delights ranging from chocolate to tea. This is a festival which combines culture and food together given the different sections highlighting the cultural differences including the Orient, Oasis and Continental. I reckon this is how the crowds have increased from last year to this year. A Sydney festival that can't be missed.

My fav part of the day was the entertainment. I couldn't help marvelling at the European-style cabaret performances and dances at the Continental section.
I loved how they danced with the tray of alcohol glasses together with the
playing of the violin and horn which gave a gypsy-like feel. I was amazed at how one of the female dancers tried to insert a flame into her mouth which is what I have seen circus acrobatics do.



I couldn't lay my eyes off the sweets galore at the festival. As soon I laid
eyes on the gorgeous cupcakes and macaroons, I knew I was eating with my eyes with the beautiful presentation.


In the Oasis section, I couldn't help enjoying the Turkish apple tea. Unlike the tea sold at T2, it gave a more fruity and sweeter sensation. If I hadn't known that it was apple tea, I would have mistaken it for being a hot apple juice. A refreshing drink in both the winter and summer. With the warmer months coming ahead, I regretted not purchasing a whole box.

More shots from the festival can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment