Thursday, June 16, 2011

Manly Food, Wine and Sustainabiliy Festival

What a relief that it wasn't raining on that day! Thankfully it wasn't cold either. I couldn't resist the opportunity to turn up to this festival
since I've become a local of the northern beaches. Food wise, I love checking out what goes on around the northern beaches of Sydney. I loved the local and laid back vibe and atmosphere of the festival with the
aussie rock playing on stage and jazz performances. Also I couldn't help smelling the beautiful barbeque and thai food. Plus the beautiful sweets.


As a sweet tooth, I always loved sampling the cakes and slices that the
festival has to offer. To begin with, I couldn't help not trying the humble looking apple cake from the Manly Food Corp which sells organic produce. As soon it entered my mouth, I could taste the granny smith apples and cinnamon unlike those sugary store-board apple cakes. I also liked the fact that it tasted like a real apple cake which is not too sweet and has a more fruity taste.


Then there was China Beach's irresistable food demo of thai-flavoured lamb chops. Luckily, I got a chance to eat it cos I out at the front taking
pics. I could smell the aroma of the lemongrass, garlic, chilli, fish and soy sauce. My other highlight was having the Rosemount Ruby Sparkling Wine which went beautifully with the dish. I also loved having the musos including Jack Vidgen from Australia's Got Talent which gave a musical vibe to the festival.


Then there was the desserts lane to finish off. Me and my friends couldn't
resist our temptation to try the cake platter which included banana, chocolate and the classic lemon tart.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the reference to Manly Food Co-op. I hope you don't mind that I've included your picture on our web page at:
    http://www.manlyfoodcoop.org/Recipes.html
    I've made it link to your Sumpticious blog.
    Let me know if a problem & I'll remove it.
    Regards,
    webmaster@manlyfoodcoop.org

    ReplyDelete