Monday, January 24, 2011

Shanghai noon

Even in the midst of summer, nothing stops me from craving a solid shanghainese meal, consisting of meat wrapped in pastry. As I arrive in New Shanghai in Lemon Grove Shopping Centre, Chatswood, I observe through
the window the row of chefs busily moulding and rolling the pastry and slabs of meat. I could smell the distinct and undescribable Shanghai flavours.

I couldn't resist the pork buns and dumplings, since this is what most Shanghai food is famous for. Most Shanghai food is wheat-based. I also adore those pan fried buns and biting into them with a hint of fresh chilli. However, if you're someone who's weight conscious especially after the new year, then the steamed pork dumplings and soup dumplings (won ton soup) are the way to go.

Another dish I'm unable to resist is the vegetarian fried rice with fried pork. I also love the fried Shanghai noodles crowned with sliced meat and spring onions.

If you are feeling ravenous after a long swim or workout, this is the place to go which will leave you feeling satisfied.

There are two New Shanghai restaurants in Chatswood.

Chatswood Chase
345 Victoria Ave
Lower Ground Floor

Lemon Grove Shopping Centre
427-441 Victoria Ave
Shop 20

No comments:

Post a Comment