Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flippin' pancakes


Hello again after the new year and xmas celebrations has gone. Even though most of you are on diets after scoffing on xmas pudding, alcohol, etc, I thought I'd comment on one of the few pancake outlets "Pancakes on The Rocks". As soon as I hear the name of that pancake restaurant, my mind fills with images of their dessert pancakes, including their macadamian pancakes which melts in my mouth. Who could resist the sweet pancakes menu? Besides their crepes and pancakes, I also adore their pizzas (esp the vegetarian pizza) as it contains the thin crust which makes it easier to bite in.

For those who haven't stepped into Pancakes, it contains a variety of savoury
pancakes if you're aren't such a sweet-toothed like I am. Theres the breakfast pancakes menu which includes sausages, eggs and bacon on the side. Then theres the Mexicana crepes which is claimed to be "one of their bestsellers" according to the restaurant website as well as their chicken and mushroom crepes.

What I like about Pancakes is the quick level of service, casual dining atmosphere and that we can just decide rock up and dine in on the day. It's great for families and large or small groups, especially when everyone each orders a different plate and we can sample each other's dish. For the menu and various locations, check out http://pancakesontherocks.com.au/home.

I always wondered what they add to make the pancakes rise with softness. Is it the
self-raising flour, buttermilk?

No comments:

Post a Comment