Sunday, December 19, 2010

High tea at the Swissotel Sydney



I just finished the weekend with something that's traditionally very English at the Swissotel. As I stepped into level 8 of the hotel, little cakes and tarts were galore. As the piano was playing, I immediately felt relaxed and felt like doing some food styling and photography. What else would I be doing in between eating? I found the trick to enjoying high tea is eating slowly and taking your time. I noticed two girls left within an hour and I was shocked. What could be better than just savouring every bite rather than throwing yourself into gluttony?


Anyway, the desserts were too good to resist.
I was surrounded by anything chocolaty, such as those fruit skewers and brownies. Then there were those gorgeous fruit tarts, sandwiches curled like a swiss roll, quiches, meringues and almond slices. There were also a selection of teas to choose from.


The only downside was the level of service . When we asked if we could have
containers for our leftovers on our plates, they refused. I don't know about you guys but if we paid for the food, shouldn't we be allowed to have a container to take home what's left on the plate since it would be wasting food if we didn't? Despite this, it's still good value for $39 with the wide selection of desserts in the Swissotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment